Tuesday, November 16, 2004

why do i do this?

Meeting tomorrow to talk about final project, and still can't seem to pick one. I am just iffy on this whole racism in west Texas project, because I feel I can't do much more than analyze a handful of articles, and I don't really know how deep I can dig. It's all so surface level, and I'm leaning away from it.

Other ideas: lack on minorities in prime time television... particularly The Bachelor. It's the only show I watch, yeah, I know, it's ridiculous. I never watch any tv, and neither do my roommates, but every Wednesday, we set the vcr to record the bachelor. We're usually a couple weeks behind, but it doesn't seem to ruin anything for us because we're not getting updated in the media. So thats something I could possibly dig deep into. Who knows?

Another area I am venturing into is the show Gilmore Girls. I haven't seen any episodes since high school. In high school the theme of the show was different than most other shows airing, a relationship between a single mom & her daughter. Innocent relationships, and the daughter, the main charater is very intelligent & stands up for what she believes in. Well, I saw a season premiere commercial & found out that the boy she dated a couple seasons ago got married, and he comes into town & the SLEEP TOGETHER...ADULTRY! Craziness, this show has rolled into the cookie cutter image that all these stupid shows want to fit. sex sex sex. Who knows, this is where I'm at. I will keep posting about this, I will make a decision VERY SOON & post my findings & interest.

Too much media for me, I'm so deprived, and combining that with someone who is severely indecisive is a dangerous thing...

thanks, kasey

No comments: